... vast accurate and worth the investment"
about the direction wood will want to split = less stress"
Oh and it does a bunch of stuff I have not tried yet"
THE CRB7 EDGE GUIDE/ PARALLEL FENCE KIT FOR DEEP RANGE DADO'S AND GROOVES
This is included with the MHLF
With the addition of the new parallel edge guide/side fence accessory - The CRB7 gains yet another feature bringing its impressive total to 8 key functions.
Simpler to set up than a traditional Edge Guide. The CRB7 Edge Guide has a greater depth range so that Grooves and Dado's are possible to route up to 7.1/2"in from the board edge. The new Edge Guide can be fitted in 3 different locations on the CRB's base plate for a wide variety of tasks and with fixing points in the face of the Edge Guide a protective facepiece can be fitted to protect the Edge Guide when edge molding.
& Edging Trim Kit
Price: $159.48 USD
Price: $19.99 USD
- FREE SHIPPING - Orders over $50USD within the 48 Contiguous US States
Shipped from Michigan, USA.
- Improved control when grooving in-board with a router. One of the most common accessories to the standard woodworking router is the Parallel Edge Guide. The usual design of Edge guide is large, cumbersome, time consuming to set up and has a disappointingly small range to penetrate in-board from the edge. Many router users prefer not to take the time to set up an edge guide on their router but rather go to the trouble of using a clamp guide. However the CRB7 Edge Guide is a considerable time saver when batch routing many boards with the same dado or groove dimensions.
- Micro Adjust the edge profile when edge molding. There are 2 popular methods of edge molding decorative profiles with a router. The first is to buy a tracer bearing cutter that is fitted with a ball race. The ball race runs along the edge of the board, guiding the cutter. The profile of the molding is then determined by altering the depth of the cutter and by changing the size of the cutters ball race. The shortcomings of this method are that debris trapped between the ball race and board edge alters the molding profile - the other downside is that the adjustment to the profile is stepped so for those wishing for fine adjustment to the molding profile the next option may be a better process. Edge profiling with an Edge Guide gives better control having a large fence to board edge contact area aiding stability. The CRB7 Edge Guide has 2 x fixing points to mount a false guide facepiece. This is ideal for Edge molding as the cutter can be back cut into ablative facepiece; Keeping the maximum contact area either side of the cutter and just exposing a variable amount of the cutters profile to the edge of the workpiece.
- Routing a parallel to edge groove or channel. Traditionally a routers edge guide or side fence is large, cumbersome, time consuming to set up and has a disappointingly small range for dado-ing/trenching in from the edge of the board. In contrast the CRB7 edge guide is breathtakingly simple, quick to fit and has a much greater range, getting deeper in from the edge of the board 0 > 7.1/2" (0 > 190mm).
- Edge molding with an Edge Guide. Either copying an existing architectural molding on a kick board/skirting board or putting the finishing touches to a piece of furniture. Edge molding is an essential task in most woodworking projects in everything but rough stud work, framing and perhaps woodturning.
The new edge guide also benefits from the accuracy of the CRB7's micro adjuster which controls the distance between cutter and the edge of the board.
The CRB7 fitted with an Edge guide is one of the simplest set ups with which to perform a quick and easily repeatable edge mold. The CRB's Micro Adjuster precisely controls how much of the cutter is presented to the board edge to be molded and with the false facepieces fitted the cutter is couched into the edge guide to create a seamless support either side of the cutter. Keeping the routing pass smooth and reducing the chance of burn marks and deviations in the molding.
- Machined in solid clear perspex - for a better view of what's going on. The CRB7's Edge Guide can be fitted and set up in seconds for deep range grooving and dado-ing to molding edge profiles.
- 3 Different Fitting locations - Depending on the task required the Edge Guide can be fixed in 3 different positions to CRBs baseplate via 2 brass threaded inserts mounted in the Edge guide bar.
- Fixing points for a false or ablative facepiece - A further 2 threaded inserts are located in the face of the edge guide allowing an ablative (sacrificial) facepiece to be fitted. This facepiece prevents damage to the edge guide with the back of the router cutter when edge moulding.
Operating Tips :
- To improve the process of deep range dado-ing, still further fit the CRB7's 2" offset bridge handle. This locates the operators guiding hand almost directly over the board edge; smoothing out the routing pass and removing the chance of racking/juddering between the Edge guide and router.