CREDIT CARD STONE - GPS
DOUBLE SIDED + HANDLE
The Credit Card diamond stone is a handy little sharpener, successfully used for years by woodworkers, crafters through to other groups such as fishermen and gardeners.
The size is perfect however the Diamond Cross Credit Card has some great improvements, and it’s the first Credit Card diamond stone to incorporate a handle.
It sounds obvious but by not having a handle, the user has to hold the stone by the same surface that the tool is being sharpened on. So one slip and the first thing the tool tip or blade edge could meet is the hand that’s holding the stone. So it’s safer than before. And for those who like to use a lubricant when sharpening be it a lapping fluid or just water. The handle keeps the fluid on the cutting surface not on your hands So there’s less mess. The DC Credit Card can also be Bench Mounted using the new DSH Diamond Stone Holder (optional accessory).
Price: $22.50 USD
Price: $11.50 USD
- FREE SHIPPING - Orders over $50USD within the 48 Contiguous US States
Shipped from Michigan, USA.
- GPS - General Purpose Stone The Credit Card is one of three Diamond Cross designs designated as a GPS – General Purpose Stone. Denoting its versatility in being able to sharpen a huge array of tools.
- Handy Size Brilliant for “on site” in the tool bag or just as at home in the kitchen drawer. The GPS Diamond Cross Credit card takes up minimal space and will provide an outstanding sharpening performance for so many different applications.
- Double Sided 300-600 Grit
We decided very early on that it made no sense to manufacture single sided diamond stones. The cost of the Stainless steel is the same for a single or double sided. So all Diamond Cross Stones are double sided giving twice the sharpening area.
Side One Coarse 50Micron 300 grit diamond grade
Used for fast stock removal, Ideal for the preparation of the edge.
Side Two Fine 25Micron or 600 grit diamond grade
Used for honing a primary edge
- Solid 1/16” Thick Anti Rust Stainless Steel Core The majority of diamond stones on the market are manufactured in steel. However our drive to produce the best quality diamond stones that we possibly could ensured we used stainless steel - the superior “non rusting” option for the Diamond Cross range of stones.
- Quality Assured Every DC Credit Card Diamond stone is assembled and thoroughly inspected at our factory in the UK to ensure it's 100% perfect prior to reaching our customers worldwide.
- 3 Year Guarantee We are so confident of the build quality of our new Diamond Cross range of sharpening stones. That each stone is backed by a “no fuss” 3 year extended guarantee.
- Diamond Cross Patterned Recess The Highly distinctive DC embossed patterned recesses provides the perfect balance between the ultra hardwearing diamond coverage and anti clog properties of the patterned recess.
- In Surface Grit Indicator Every side of every Diamond Cross sharpening stone has a large embedded number that indicates the diamond grade on that side.
Bench Mountable - Diamond Stone Holder
Our new interlocking, magnetic, Nitrile rubber stone holder safely holds your Credit card stone steady on a work surface. It also gives much needed elevation allowing the handles of knives etc to comfortably clear the work surface when sharpening.
The Diamond Stone Holders - DSH can also hold a range of other manufacturers credit cards and larger solid bench diamond stones. (not included)
- Kitchen Knives: From a large carving knife to a paring or filleting knife - The GPS Credit Card can cope with all sorts of different sizes and knife styles.
- Drill Bits: A lot of people (sadly me included ) treat drill bits as disposable items, they blunt, you throw them away.
Its only since being a part of the team that researched and developed the new Diamond Cross range did I discover how easily Drill bits of any size can be brought back to life with a few strokes on a diamond stone.
- Craft Knives: The “snap off” blade craft knife is a really useful addition to the tool box however it’s made all the more useful by sharpening and re-sharpening the blade. There’s really no need to snap off an old section of blade. A couple of sharpening strokes on the Credit card stone and it is so much sharper than even a new section of blade.
- Scissors: Our research uncovered the fact that the poor old scissors were treated in the same way as Drill bits and Craft knives. They were disposable. They go blunt and you throw them away.
Now having tested the Credit Card stone over a few months I’ve sharpened every pair of scissors in the house. That’s 2 x pairs of kitchen scissors, Hair cutting scissors and clippers and a pair of office paper scissors.
Each pair are now cutting so much better than even new.
- Garden Shears: The GPS Credit Card is equally at home sharpening tools in the garden. Again the surprising result of our research is that it simply doesn’t occur to people that their secateurs, hedge clippers, shears and edge trimmers don’t need to be sharpened by professionals.
- Saw Blades: Both Tungsten Tipped blades and High speed steel can be sharpened using the GPS Credit Card, however based on personal preference I would recommend using the Router bit sharpener stone. It’s not as wide as the credit card stone so it’s easier to maintain contact with the face of the saw tooth for the full sharpening stroke.
- Small Flat Bladed Screw Drivers: Electrical screw drivers need the tip kept square to help prevent damaging the slots in the heads of the screws. Which is an easy task on the Credit card stone; a few sharpening strokes with the tip of the screw held at right angles to the stone surface and the drivers good to go again. (we do suggest using the Diamond stone holder for this operation)
- Small Carving Chisels Gouges: Anybody well practiced in the art of hand carving will already have the knowledge and skill set to keep their chisels sharp, probably with a range of different sharpening stones. However the GPS Credit card stone is uniquely stable when used with the Diamond Stone holder. So it’s great for the smallest of gouges. A great stocking filler for the woodworker with almost everything.
Hints and Tips:
- Bedding InAll new diamond stones feel very coarse to the touch regardless of the micron or grit size of the diamond used.
This is a result of the plating process and is quite normal. The stone will bed in after a few times being used and the difference in grit will become more apparent.
- No PressureGuilty as charged, As I’ve subsequently learnt I’ve always tended to use too much pressure when sharpening with Diamond stones.
It is absolutely the case that an easy light pressured sharpening stroke is all that is required to gain optimal performance from any of the Diamond stones.
To use too much pressure tears the diamond particles from its nickel bed - compromising the performance of the diamond stone and reducing its serviceable life dramatically.
- LubricationAgain its really down to personal preference as Diamond Cross sharpening stones can be used dry.
We do recommend using a lubricant. Water works well or a purpose design lapping fluid but really itís down to personal choice.
- Dangerous ToolsWarning by the very nature of the tools being sharpened i.e. they are ALL designed to cut something. In the wrong hands they can be very dangerous especially for the young or inexperienced.
We highly recommend only experienced users attempt to sharpen tools.