DIAMOND STONE HOLDER
M.POWERís Diamond Cross Diamond Stone Holder has a good number of advantages over itís predecessors.
To start, it can hold a large range of different diamond stone shapes and sizes and not just our new Diamond Cross range either.
From a solid 8” bench stone to any old Credit Card diamond stone. The DSH’s rare earth magnets lock onto the underside of the stone providing instant grip between bench/work-surface and Diamond stone. OK so there is a piece of non slip mat that can do that. Except that the DC DSH (unlike the spongy mat) provides much needed clearance. So when you’re sharpening a knife, the DSH raises the sharpening surface so that the knife handle doesn’t hit the surface that you're working on.
Price: $11.50 USD
- FREE SHIPPING - Orders over $50USD within the 48 Contiguous US States
Shipped from Michigan, USA.
DIAMOND STONE HOLDER FEATURES
- Non Slip The Diamond Stone holder is made in solid Nitrile rubber; which has a great coefficient of friction which grips both the diamond stone itís holding and the surface itís placed on. Providing a stable platform to sharpen a huge range of household and workshop tools on.
- Solvent Resistant Nitrile rubber has a good number of qualities but one of the most important to a Holder gripping Diamond Stones is that it is both solvent and oil resistant. Our friends at Trend (based in the UK) developed the highly successful “Lapping Fluid” for use with Diamond stones. And the DSH had to be resistant to both the Lapping fluid and any oil based lubricants.
- Magnetic Lock We believe the Diamond Stone Holder is the first holder to use rare earth magnets that fit to diamond stones. Traditionally other large stone holders grip mechanically. Which works well providing you don’t wish to change stones or sides quickly. There’s virtually zero set up time to fit our Diamond Stone Holders to pretty much any steel based stone.
- Interlocking Design To increase the range of stones that the DSH can hold. The DSH was designed to slot into one another. This ensures a solid platform in which to hold smaller diamond stones such as the popular credit cards.
- Compact Save space in your tool bag and leave your clunky old bench stone holder at home. A Pair of DSH performs as well as any diamond stone holder on the market and weighs less than 1/5th of the weight of an old timer.
DIAMOND STONE HOLDER APPLICATIONS
- Holds The Diamond Cross Router Bit Sharpener For those who prefer bench based sharpening over freehand sharpening. The DSH is perfect. Although one of the smallest sharpening stones on the market. A single DSH grips the underside of the Router Bit Sharpener for delicate hands free sharpening or if needed the “textured thumb tang” supports the Router Bits Sharpener handle which helps hold the diamond stone in position when sharpening with a higher lateral load.
- Holds The Diamond Cross Credit Card Instantly lock 2 x DSH together to form the perfect raised platform for the DC Credit Card. From Craft Knives to scissors the DSH provides bench to diamond stone clearance allowing the knife handle sufficient room for a good sharpening stroke safely clearing the bench.
- Holds The Diamond Cross 8” BenchFitting a DSH at either end of a large stone is a painless operation taking no more than a couple of seconds. We’re using the structural integrity of the bench stone to provide a stable platform on which to sharpen any number of different tools from Kitchen knives to smoothing plane irons and unlike the “non slip mat” the DSH won’t end dive through mat compression.
- Holds Other Brands Of Credit CardsWe guess there are literally millions of Credit Card diamond stones being used around the world. So it seemed a pity not to improve the sharpening experience for all those folk too. The DSH has an integral “thumb tang” which is located to the side of the DSH and when fitted to an “old style” credit card; gives the credit card that much needed stability and clearance.
- Holds Other Brands Of Solid Bench StonesProviding the bench-stone hasn’t been made single sided with a plastic substrate. The DSH isn’t fussy and will grip pretty much any make and model of diamond stone. Even narrow 2” wide bench-stones can be held firmly by fitting a pair of DSH at a cranked angle. Again improving the stability and therefore the safety when sharpening all sorts of tools.